An appeal is needed when one of the following occurs:
- Change in treating or billing provider name
- Change in claims remittance/shipment mailing address
- Change in Assignment of Benefits
- Change in the patient name
- Frequency or code rejection that is a non-Beam error
- Processed with the incorrect fees (Ex: In-network reflecting as out-of-network or the other way around)
- The claim was sent with incorrect information that caused rejection
An appeal is not needed when the claim is disallowed--please resubmit the claim form with the requested documentation for reprocessing.
To submit an appeal, download the Beam Appeal Form here: Appeal Form.pdf
The form must be mailed ATTN: Appeals, P.O. Box 75372, Cincinnati, OH 45275. Include the claim form and applicable documentation such as a narrative, x-rays, perio charting, or surgical notes.
Appeal forms received by any other means will not be processed!